Nursing Leadership In A Diverse Society
Discussion Question 1
The COVID-19 Pandemic has presented the nation and health care organizations with an unforeseen emergency. This type of situation requires all health professionals to be leaders in their communities.
· Review this article https://gacc.nifc.gov/cism/documents/leadership.pdf
· Review the ANA statement calling for a collaborative effort to respond to COVID-19 at this link https://www.nursingworld.org/news/news-releases/2020/american-nurses-association-calls-for-collaborative-effort-to-respond-to-the-coronavirus/
Answer these questions:
1. In your present health care organization how well prepared is the organization and the staff to respond to the pandemic?
2. What was the nursing leaders’ response to the crisis?
3. Relate the response to the theories you learned in this course and the Crisis Leadership article.
4. What else should be done to improve the response? What is the leader’s role in this improvement?
5. How are you responding to the pandemic as a health care professional and leader?
As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format. Support your work, using your course lectures and textbook readings. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.