Mental And Behavioral
Module 11 Discussion – Reflection
Areas for reflection:
- Describe how you achieved each course competency including at least one example of new knowledge gained related to that competency
- Describe how you achieved the transferable skill, Communication, including at least one example of new knowledge gained related to the transferable skill
- Describe how this new knowledge will impact your nursing practice.
- Describe the foundations of mental health nursing.
- Explain current legal issues and social concerns in mental healthcare.
- Select appropriate nursing interventions for clients with certain cognitive, addictive and psychotic conditions.
- Evaluate nursing care strategies for clients with certain mental health/mood/personality and eating disorders.
- Assemble nursing care interventions for clients with mental health/stress related disorders.
- Identify factors that impact mental health in special populations.
Communication: Displaying capability in writing, reading and oral communication; understanding of non-verbal language.