Entrepreneurship Course Work
DEVELOPING AN ENTERPRISING MINDSET (4GN501)
Coursework 2 (40%)
Learning outcome 2: Examine the structure of different businesses including their legal identities and potential for value creation and growth.
Group work infographic and presentation In groups of 5-6, you are required to produce an infographic and deliver a five to ten (5-10) minutes verbal presentation or recorded video to illustrate potential value creation and growth for a given business venture.
All answers must be:
1. A one-page infographic.
2. A five to ten (5-10) minutes group presentation five (5) minutes of questioning/group at the end.
The case study organisation for this assessment is Milspeed.
Milspeed have three main product types including manufacturing footwear components with a high (>40%) recycled content for large footwear brands. They also manufacture lamination films through their extrusion coating line and are increasingly becoming involved in recycling as a separate business.
Milspeed are committed to sustainability and this is clearly reflected in both their mission statement, vision and values as seen below:
Milspeed’s mission statement
“To harness our technical expertise and innovative materials to enhance our customers’ world class products, enabling us to reward the skills and dedication of our workforce and supply chain. Always seeking ways to continue setting the standards in sustainability.”
• Partnership: To be more than just a supplier, but a strategic partner you can trust. • One World: To care for the environment in every corner of the globe. • Investment: Investing in world class talent and the latest in extrusion technology. • Presence: A truly global distribution network to assist our customers in their
• Forward looking: to stay ahead of the game. • Sustainability: environmental and socially responsible. • Integrity: in dealing with our customers, our workforce, our supply chain. • Quality assured: to give our customers peace of mind. • Innovation: by leading the field in true product creativity.
The theme for this assessment is sustainability.
“The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries – developed and developing – in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand- in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.” (https://sdgs.un.org/goals)
Your task is to examine potential value creation and growth for Milspeed with specific reference to its sustainability focus.
In order to do so, select ONE Sustainability Development Goal (SDG) and use this as your focus for exploring how Milspeed can potentially add value and grow in pursuit of this SDG.
How to approach this assessment
• Research the company and its background – include reference to its legal identity and structure.
• Identify how it currently adds value and how this is measured both in terms of economic and non-economic measures.
• Explore the current work that Milspeed does in relation to sustainability. • Select ONE SDG and identify what Milspeed currently does in relation to this SDG. • Present suggestions as to how Milspeed can potentially grow the scale of its
operations and add value through increasing its focus on the selected SDG. • Consider the impact on both economic and non-economic measures and how you
can measure growth. There are numerous examples of good practice available to inspire you available at for example: https://sdgs.un.org/sdg-good-practices
Support your submission with relevant literature using the Harvard Referencing system. This requires citations (references to relevant literature) within the infographic, which must also be listed in full in a reference list at the end of your work. Work will not be awarded a pass grade at this level of study without a clear demonstration of this skill.