Quality in The Restaurant Business & Recommendations Questionary
- How would you define quality and how is quality measured in the restaurant industry? Are some measurements more useful than others? Explain.
- Would you categorize the Cheesecake Factory as a service provider or a provider of goods, or both? How would your classification affect your quality control decisions? How would it affect the way you approach operations?
- Describe how process flowcharts may be helpful for methods improvement in restaurant operations. What kinds of information would you hope to gain from the flowcharts?
- A major U.S. restaurant chain, Chipotle, recently received poor-quality ratings. Who are its customers, and what are the basic causes that led to declining quality?
- U.S. restaurants must comply with local health regulations. The results of periodic inspections have to be posted or published, or both. What actions would you recommend be considered by restaurants to overcome negative perceptions from a less-than satisfactory rating?