Network Defense System
It is essential to have a basic understanding of network defense topologies in order to properly comprehend the defensive strategies deployed by companies to protect their information assets.
Use the Cisco Packet Tracer application to create a network diagram that makes use of the following devices listed below, which belong to Company X. The diagram should illustrate your knowledge of network defense by placing network assets in their proper location, so as to ensure their protection. Include, within the diagram, any small office/home office (SOHO) solutions that will be used to protect either the infrastructure or end-user devices.
Within the diagram make sure to include at a minimum:
- 10 mobile devices (phones/laptops/tablets)
- Five desktop/stationary computers
- Two servers (file/email)
- One printer
- One router/firewall
- One WAN/gateway connection
- One switch
- One corresponding backup/replication asset for disaster recovery (local or remote storage/server)
Note: Any IP addresses used should be labeled next to the corresponding device.
Then, create a report outlining the abilities of the network topology in reference to securing network devices and other information assets used by Company X. Make sure to address the following within the report:
- A detailed explanation of the topology design addressing the “why” and “how” of the topology defenses solution and design, specifically threat models, motivations (such as insider threat), and ideologies
- Network defense solution list (i.e., software/hardware used to protect information assets)
- Encryption policies used by the network and end-users
- Disaster plan recovery, including restoration plans
When completing the report for this assignment, refer to the “Report Template.”
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a basic scoring guide, provided by your instructor. Please review the scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopeWrite.