In what ways might an HRM professional help eliminate illegal discrimination in the workplace?
For this discussion, refer to the following:
- Meritor Savings Bank, FSB v. Vinson, 1986.
- Sutton v. United Air Lines, Inc., 1999.
- Hawkins, D. (2016, February 8). Racial discrimination – Title VII. Wisconsin Law Journal.
- Saulsbery, G. (2020, June 15). U.S. Supreme Court: Employees can’t be fired because of their sexual orientation. NJBIZ.
Analyze the different attitudes that the judiciary has taken with regard to each case/situation.
In each case:
- Why did the courts take the position that they did?
- Are there any larger controls at work, guiding these decisions?
- In what ways might an HRM professional help eliminate illegal discrimination in the workplace?
Respond to the post of one other learner.