Equinix Business Model and Data Management Discussion
Please submit a PowerPoint presentation on Equinix Inc business model and innovation answering the following questions.
- Which product(s)/business(es) are positioned to be the major growth engine driving the companys future growth? Delve into the business models of KEY product(s)/business(es) to see how powerful and unique are their business models in overpowering competitors and driving revenue, profit, and growth? What are their strengths and weaknesses against competitors in terms of cost, efficiency, brand recognition, etc.?
- What innovations is the company engaging in to prepare itself for future changes in the industry? How much risk and competition are there in these innovations? How is the companys innovation efforts compared to its competitors?
- Are there any capabilities that the company lacks and needs to develop for future growth? If so, what do you think are the best ways they can develop these capabilities?
Your presentation will be graded on how well it tackles the question posed and the comprehensiveness of your research and the depth of your analysis. Most important of all, the evaluation depends on how much strategic thinking you are able to exhibit, particularly whether you can sift through all the numbers and information and get down to the essence of the business and strategy like what a CEO does, and gain insights that others dont usually see.
You can view the Rubric for Company Analysis (Corporate Strategy Project). Below you will find a summary of the main categories:
- Comprehensive Research with Data Insights: whether the analysis shows comprehensive and in-depth research. Please double check your sources and indicate the sources in the notes section of each slide, instead of at the end of the presentation. Whether you use reliable data sources (instead of randomly googled articles) and double-check the accuracy of data using multiple sources and common sense is an important component to evaluation.
- Critical Thinking and Independent Analysis: whether the analysis is sophisticated, insightful, and thoughtful, and exhibits independent and critical thinking, not just regurgitation of information or company propaganda, and whether you can gather important insights from financial and other data. Focus on analysis, not descriptions! Brief background and facts are OK but overly detailed descriptions will count against you. The integration of analysis and consistency shown across the presentation is also an important component of the evaluation.
- Presentation, Organization, and Professionalism: whether arguments are clearly laid out, the logic flows well, and the structure is clear.
I recommend you use the following comprehensive and systematic resources. The comprehensiveness and quality of research resources you have utilized is a major factor in the evaluation of your project. Double-check and verify the accuracy of the information, esp. some articles/webpages from Google search. Please use APA citation style – For guidance refer to http://montclair.libguides.com/citing/apa (Links to an external site.) Make sure to cite all sources properly and include all sources in the notes page under each slide, instead of at the end of the presentation: