Effectiveness and Efficiency in Business Discussion
1A. Managers are concerned with both effectiveness and efficiency. Which is more important in business: effectiveness or efficiency? How has technology created new job positions? 250 words & 2 sources
1B. Write a narrative essay (minimum 1000 words) in which you address and discuss the statements listed below. Use at least three scholarly sources & cite your sources in APA format.
- What is the significance of a mission statement? Research the mission statement of your organization or a well-known entity. Does the mission statement accurately answer the questions identified in your textbook that a good mission statement should answer?
- Describe the five functions of management. Which, if any, do you feel is the most important?
- How would a sole proprietorship differ from a corporation when performing the five functions of management?
- Your textbook identifies three level of management. Do you feel that any one is more important than the other?
- If you were to create a business, what type of leadership style would you embody? Provide a real-world example of this type of leader and describe why this style was successful for him/her.
2A. What are some of the potential problems that must be dealt with after an organization experiences a major trauma such as massive layoffs? What might be some of the limitations of résumés as the primary recruitment tool? 250 words and 2 sources
2B. Write a narrative essay (minimum 1000 words) in which you address and discuss the statements listed below. Use at least three scholarly sources and Cite your sources in APA format.
- With the massive amount of applicants that a company may receive from online recruitment, many companies use personality tests to screen applicants. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using these types of assessment?
- What legal issues must you keep in mind when selecting candidates? Research and discuss a company that violated one of these issues. What were the consequences?
- Research an organization in which you would want to work based on compensation and benefits. Discuss which details of the companys compensation and benefit package attract you to the organization. What is the level of employee satisfaction with the company?
- What is the importance of workforce diversity? Research and discuss an organization that you feel exemplifies ideal diversity in the workforce.
- Describe the differences in HRM in unionized organizations and non-unionized organizations.
3A. Why are internships a good way to try out an industry before going into it as a career? Discuss online fraud and identify theft. How can one protect themselves? 250 words and 2 sources
3B. Write a comprehensive APA analysis paper. Use three scholarly sources to address the items listed below and 1000 words
Be sure to support your work with at least three scholarly sources. Use in-text citations and do not self-plagiarize from the previous weeks.
- What is a product life cycle and how does the life cycle affect the market strategy of the product? Discuss the different ways prices are set for new products.
- Research a product or idea from a company such as Microsoft, Google, or Apple that failed during the steps of new product development. What step/stage did it fail? Why?
- What significance does packaging have on the consumer when comparing similar products? How are products marketed?
- Examine three products you use daily this can be for work, school, etc. Evaluate the marketing strategy for each product including the product, price, promotion and distribution.