Discuss the purpose of the legislative action
Healthcare policy has been a critical aspect of political administrations over the past 100 years. Understanding the political process and how healthcare policy has changed over the past century is an important start.
Part I: Write a 2-3 page paper analyzing a minimum of one legislative action that would have an impact on the position and facility you selected. Make sure to include the following:
- Discuss the purpose of the legislative action.
- Describe the problem/problems that the legislative action is trying to solve or prevent.
- Discuss other viewpoints or opposing viewpoints of the action.
This portion of your assignment will require you to research and examine information from various sources. Use a minimum of three (3) credible sources from the Rasmussen College Library (don’t forget to include in-text citations throughout your paper with paraphrasing or quoting).
Make sure to include your APA formatted reference page.
Part II: Memos are not a thing of the past. Many organizations use memos as a way to share important information. Write a standard memo to your supervisor highlighting the key points of each arena (Hint: Microsoft Word has many memo templates). SkillSurfer in the online tutoring platform offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced tutorials on Microsoft Office products. Make sure to include the following in your memo:
- Discuss why you feel the legislative action chosen best coincides with the position and facility that you’ve chosen.
- Discuss your stance on the chosen legislative action and how it impacts the core beliefs and ethics of the facility you that you’ve chosen.
- Make sure to use audience specific language and tone in your memo. Remember, you are writing to your supervisor. Also, remember to use correct formatting for a business memo.
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: