BUSI 4002 Assumptions to Make While Starting Small Business Venture Discussion
Imagine you are the owner of a small business venture, and are ready to hire your employees. Initially, the employees you hire will have to assume more than one role.
In your 2- to 3-page paper, be sure to address the following:
- What roles would need to be filled for the business? Which roles might best be combined?
- What skills/attributes would you look for when recruiting employees?
- How would you assess the strengths and skills of each employee in order to assign the specific roles and responsibilities?
- Should you set up specific time allocations/expectations for each employee (e.g. an employee is responsible for marketing 60% of the time, and sales the remaining 40%)? If so, how would you monitor the percentages?
- What do you think are the advantages of using this approach in this setting? Disadvantages?
Chapter 19, Human Resource Management: Small Business Considerations