Roles for the Master’s Prepared Nurse
Complete the following for this assignment:
- Locate 1 master’s prepared nurse and interview him or her to learn more about the role and responsibilities of this position.
- You will need to prepare a set of interview questions prior to your interview. A list of sample interview questions is provided; however, you should develop your own set based on what you wish to learn about this role.
- When developing your questions, feel free to share them in the discussion with others as well.
- Include at least 3 references to research sources, no older than 5 years.
- APA style
Sample Interview Questions
- What is your current role, and describe your responsibilities in this role?
- How long have you been in this role?
- How do you see your role as a master’s prepared nurse enacted differently from what you were doing as a baccalaureate prepared registered nurse (RN)?
- What do you find to be most rewarding about your role? Which aspects of nursing do you find most satisfying or enjoyable and why?
- What do you find most challenging or difficult about your role? How do you motivate yourself to get through such difficulties?
- Discuss your role when working collaboratively with other member of the health care management team. What challenges do you face with interdisciplinary collaboration?
- How do you stay current within the nursing field? What publications do you read? What research findings interest you?