Suicide Rate amongst LGBTQIA Health Paper
The topic is LGBTQIA Health. You may select a sub-topic for that particular population in your city or state. So for example, you may want to focus on a chronic or infectious disease or mental health issues prevalent among that population. Be sure to tie the health issue to the HP2020 goals and objectives specifically for that target population.
1. Visit the HP2020 website (https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-health#one (Links to an external site.)) and review associated links, you will have access to most of what you need to write this paper, including the data/statistics.
2. It’s very important that you use the headers as shown in the grading rubric to keep your paper well-organized. Do NOT combine information under one header.
3. Review not only the paper requirements, but also the grading rubric, which outlines specific elements that must be included in each section. You will notice that most sections require scholarly sources, which consists of peer reviewed journal articles-research ore treatment or prevention guidelines. This evidence is important to validate the data and important information you are discussing in the paper.
4. Many students fail to include the validity of a screening test under the “Application of HP2020” section. Be sure to include the screening test name, guidelines for screening, and the validity of the screening test on your target population.
- Research Topic: Your course faculty will supply you with a topic for this assignment.
- Identify your target population (for instance, age or other demographic, aggregate population); this must be in your city or state.
- Discuss population-based health education interventions for your target population that is aimed at reducing morbidity and mortality for the problem. Be sure to review the research literature and HP2020 for interventions.
- Identify how and what data for interventions is being tracked.
- In a four (4) page paper, address the following. Refer to rubric for expanded details related to grading expectations.
- Identify the problem in the introduction section.
- Provide an overview of the problem in your state/national.
- Review of descriptive epidemiological and demographic data on mortality/morbidity and risk.
- HP2020: Present the goal, overview and objectives of Healthy People 2020 for the paper topic.
- Population level prevention and health promotion review. Describe population and/or primary health care focused interventions. Use of scholarly literature and HP2020 is required. There should be direct correlation to evidence for all strategies.
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
- Review directions and rubric through carefully.
- Follow submission requirements.
- Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included. Organize the paper using the rubric sections and appropriate headings to match the sections.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
- Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the current edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
- Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature references must be used. Not all references should be from scholarly web sites. You may use your textbook, but this will not count towards the three (3) scholarly literature references.
- Length: Papers not adhering to the page length may be returned to you for editing to meet the length guidelines.
- Adhere to the Chamberlain College of Nursing academic policy on integrity as it pertains to the submission of your own original work for assignments.