Revision Planning Process
Before you begin to revise for submission of the Information Design final draft, its good to think through what specific issues need to be addressed in your draft and consider all the topics discussed in the Feedback File. To help you strategically plan your revision, consider each draft individually, and respond to the following:
- Do your visualization represent data that is key to making your point?
- Are each of your visuals effective–consider accuracy, type, design and color use?
- Are the visuals effectively integrated into the document–consider labeling and placement in the document?
- Are the visuals sufficiently analyzed and described within the document? This is important to ensure that the visuals are fully integrated into the document and contributing to the point you are making.
- Is the document designed for readability and the specific needs of the target audience–consider use of headers, bullets, font size and type, and color use?
- Is the purpose (your point) of the document clearly stated and consistently made throughout the document?
- Is the content and tone of your report tailored to the specific needs and expectations of the target audience?