Restaurant Managers Supervisory Skills and Business Plan Discussion
Imagine you are starting a new restaurant and you are putting a business plan together, you know your concept/theme and you are about to hire your staff for different departments, how would you design your organizational chart to including the following key points:
- The purpose of an organization chart.
- The different staffing positions in your restaurant.
- The importance of the dining room manager to the success of your restaurant.
INSTRUCTIONS: Discussions require one original essay post (minimum 300 words) and two responses (minimum 50 words for each post) to two different peers’ posts. The essay posts require structured, formal writing. The response to peers posts require suggestions, questions, or other respectful evaluative comments.
All discussion responses to peers should be posted directly to the Discussion Board. DO NOT place responses as uploaded attachments. Post all comments to peers directly onto the Discussion Board, this will ensure that students can easily access all posts and responses.
- Identify SIX supervisory skills required for the dining room and the kitchen managers to eliminate or minimize the tension between front and back of the house staff and why (2 point per supervisory skill/reason for the total of 12 points)
- Two responses to peers posts (4 points per post for the total of 8 points)