NURS 2030 Role of Nurse Manager in Locating Database Discussion
Create a 1-2-page resource that will describe databases that arerelevant to EBP around a diagnosis you chose and could be used to help anew hire nurse better engage in EBP. ksljwqjwxqjx
Evidence-based practice (EBP) integrates the best evidence availableto guide optimal nursing care, with a goal to enhance safety andquality. EBP is crucial to nursing practice because it incorporates thebest evidence from current literature, along with the expertise of thepracticing nurse. The concern for quality care that flows from EBPgenerates a desired outcome. Without these factors, a nurse cannot be aneffective leader. It is important to lead not only from this positionbut from knowledge and expertise. To gain the knowledge, you require agood understanding of how to search for scholarly resources, as well asidentify which databases and websites are credible for the purposes ofimplementing evidence-based changes in practice.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrateyour proficiency in the course competencies through the followingassessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Interpret findings from scholarly quantitative, qualitative, and outcomes research articles and studies.
- Explain why the sources selected should provide the best evidence for the chosen diagnosis.
- Competency 2: Analyze the relevance and potential effectiveness of evidence when making a decision.
- Describe the best places to complete research and what types ofresources one would want to access to find pertinent information for thediagnosis within the context of a specific health care setting.
- Competency 4: Plan care based on the best available evidence.
- Identify five sources of online information (medical journaldatabases, websites, hospital policy databases, et cetera) that could beused to locate evidence for a clinical diagnosis.
- Competency 5: Apply professional, scholarly communication strategies to lead practice changes based on evidence.
- Describe communication strategies to encourage nurses toresearch the diagnosis, as well as strategies to collaborate with thenurses to access resources.
- Communicate using writing that is clear, logical, and professional with correct grammar and spelling using current APA style.