Management Orientation Nursing Program Proposal PPT
Management Orientation Program Proposal
You have the opportunity to create a proposal to present to the leadership team for the orientation of new nurse managers. This project will include the creation of an orientation using leadership and management topics that will be selected to support the nurse manager as he or she transitions into the new role. This project will compile specific topics, resources and facilitators to support a new nurse manager as they get acclimated to the organization or unit. APA citations expected.
Your proposal should include:
- Introductory and concluding remarks
- Identify 8 specific topics to support the new nurse manager
- Learning objectives for the lesson(s)
- Rationale for including each topic with a synthesis of professional literature
- Recommendation of internal and or external materials for each topic
- Recommendation of a facilitator for each topic
- Rationale listing why the materials and facilitator(s) are the most appropriate choice for that topic
Reading and Resources
- Review topic focused chapters in Unit III in Marquis, B. L., & Huston, C. J. (2017). Leadership roles and management functions in nursing: Theory and application. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- AONE-American Organization of Nurse Executives: Nurse Manager Skills Inventory (2008). Retrieved from http://www.aone.org/resources/nurse-manager-skills-inventory.pdf
- Dellasega, C., Gabbary, R., Durdock, K., & Martinez-King, N. (2009). An exploratory study of the orientation needs of experienced nurses. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 40(7), 311-316. doi: 10.3928/00220124-20090623-04
- Galuska, L. A. (2014). Education as a springboard for transformational leadership development: Listening to the voices of nurses. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 45(2), 67-76. [Found in ProQuest Central, linked on the library gateway page, A-Z list of collections]
- Schwarzkopf, R., Sherman, R. O., & Kiger, A.J.(2012). Taking charge: Front-line nurse leadership development. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 43(4), 154-9. [Found in ProQuest Central, linked on the library gateway page, A-Z list of collections]
- Whaley, A. & Gillis, W. E. (2016). Leadership development programs for health care middle managers: An exploration of the top management team member perspective. Health Care Management Review. Retrieved from Ovid.