Interpersonal Relations Theory For NNP PPT
In Week 7, students will create a PowerPoint slide show with notes pages to evaluate the use of a theory for an EBP issue or concern. In Week 8, students will create a recording of the presentation for the Peer Discussion thread.
Criteria for Content
Review literature regarding issues or concerns within your selected nurse practitioner specialty.
Select a theory or theoretical model which is relevant to your nurse practitioner specialty and would offer a meaningful context for evidence-based practice surrounding the issue or concern which you identified.
- In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following.
- Introduction to the presentation
- Identify and describe a theory or theoretical model and explain its relevance to your nurse practitioner specialty.
- Describe an issue or concern that is related to your nurse practitioner specialty, and explain its impact on health care outcomes
- Explain how the theory or theoretical model can be used as a framework to guide evidence-based practice to address the issue or concern, and discuss the unique insight or perspective offered through the application of this theory or theoretical model.
- Conclusion to the presentation
Preparing the presentation
- Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint to create the presentation. Submit as a .ppt or .pptx file.
- Length: The PowerPoint presentation must be 6-8 total slides (excluding title and reference slides).
- Speaker notes should be used and include in-text citations when applicable. Use the Notes Page view feature in PowerPoint to include speaker notes in the file.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature sources must be used.
Write 1-2 paragraphs reflecting on the relationship between theory and practice.
What were the most important concepts you learned in week 7? Why are these concepts important?
How will they prepare you for your future role as an NP? In what ways do you feel prepared for your new role? In what ways do you feel unprepared?