Data Profiling Tools and Data Model Discussion
WK 5, MIS6211
Discuss the following topics:
- Research some data profiling tools that are well-suited for data quality assessment and provide appropriate sources for your findings.
- Based on your research, select at least one data profiling product of interest, describe its features in detail, and describe how it is used to analyze databases.
- Using your case study application, discuss how you would conduct a data quality assessment for it using the bottom-up and top-down approaches.
In this phase of your project, relying on the concepts and techniques you covered in the online lectures and in your textbook and based on the data model and data governance plan you have developed, you will finalize your data models for OLTP and OLAP applications and tackle one final function of data governance: data quality management.This week, to complete your final project, you will perform the following tasks:
- Revisit your OLTP data model and logical database. Address any comments you received from the professor after Week 2 and improve your data model and logical database. Address as many physical design aspects as possible. For completeness, formulate five SQL queries to demonstrate your understanding of that language. Some of your queries must use the INNER JOIN operation construct or the WHERE conditional construct (Note: SQL was covered in a Week 1 activity, in the Week 1 required readings from your text, and in supplemental material).
- Revisit your OLAP data model and address any comments you received from the professor in Week 4 to improve your data model.
- Produce a plan that addresses the data-quality management function for data governance of your case study.
- Complete this part of the project in approximately 8-12 pages in a Microsoft Word document.