Week 6 Discussion – Due
Feb 17, 2021 11:59 PMMCJ6985-Applied Professional Project SU01
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered. For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Provide a detailed response to the topic questions in the Discussion Area. For this assignment, post your responses directly in the Discussion Area; do not attach any documents.
To support your work, make sure you use your course and text readings. When asked, also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite the sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
The Stanford Prison Experiment
On the basis of your research on the Stanford Prison Experiment, share your response to the following questions:
- What is the Stanford Prison Experiment? Describe it.
- Would you expect such an experiment to be allowed to proceed today? Why or why not?
- How would you proceed, if you were to create an experiment that seeks to test the same hypothesis as for the Stanford Prison Experiment?
- What changes would you make in order to protect the safety of the participants?
- Were the researchers able to learn anything despite being forced to abandon the experiment early?
- Do you agree that there were ethical problems with the study or are critics making too much of it? Analyze the situation and support it with rationale.
Week 6 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Due February 17 at 11:59 PM