MODULE 5 ASSIGNMENT
Topic: Outline – Social Issue as the Behaviorist Sees It
Synthesis is the process of creating a new idea by analyzing multiple disparate concepts or notions to discern the common thematic or connecting principles among them. Synthesis of research is a process learned through time and practice.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Refer to the resource “Social Issue as the Behaviorist Sees It” attached to this assignment. This provides an format to be followed for this outline.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
Using the resource “Social Issue as the Behaviorist Sees It,” construct an outline for a paper that will analyze a social concern through the lens of behaviorism. To complete the outline, you will do the following:
1. Choose a social concern (e.g., prejudice/discrimination, women’s rights, terrorism, homelessness, etc.) and analyze it through a behavioral framework. What solutions can behaviorism offer? What limitations exist in a behavioral interpretation of the issue?
2. Use the template provided (“Social Issue as the Behaviorist Sees It”) to develop an outline. Add sub-categories to the outline as necessary. The completed outline should identify your clear intent to synthesize information from the resources.