Topic: Cloud Security (based on content from Chapter 6 in Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture
Overview: The diagram below illustrates interaction between two cloud service consumers (A and B) and two virtual servers (A and B) hosted on a cloud.
Based on the limited information provided in the depicted scenario, describe three types of attacks that could potentially be carried out if any of the programs outside of the cloud were malicious.
Provide a brief explanation justifying the threat of each proposed attack. For each of the three types of attacks, please list and describe a potential cause.
Guidelines for Submission: Using APA 6th edition style standards, submit a Word document that is 2-3 pages in length (excluding title page, references, and appendices) and include at least three credible scholarly references to support your findings. The UC Library is a good place to find these sources. Be sure to cite and reference your work using the APA guides and essay template that are located in the courseroom.
Include the following critical elements in your essay:
I. The three potential types of attacks: Describe that could potentially be carried out if any of the programs outside of the cloud were malicious.
II. Justification of the potential threat(s) from each proposed attack. Summarize the potential threat that each type of attack poses to the consumer organizations.
III. The potential causes: Summarize the potential cause(s) of each type of attack and relate it back to the threat.
· Please ensure your paper complies APA 6th edition style guidelines. There is a sample paper provided in the Introduction module.
· APA basics:
· Your essay should be typed, double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″)
· Use 1″ margins on all sides, first line of all paragraphs is indented ½” from the margin
· Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font
· Follow the outline provided above and use section headers to improve the readability of your paper. If I cannot read and understand it, you will not earn credit for the content