Problem 3. The following are the monthly rates of return for Madison Cookies and for Sophie Electric during a six-month period. Madison Sophie Month Cookies Electric 1 -0.04 0.07 2 0.06 -0.02 3 -0.07 -0.1 4 0.12 0.15 5 -0.02 -0.06 6 0.05 0.02 Compute the following: a. Average mnthly rate of return Ri for each stock b. Standard deviation of returns for each stock c. Covariance between the rates of return d. The correlation coefficient between the rates of return What level of correlation did you expect? How did your expectations compare with the computed correlation? Would these two stocks be good choices for diversification? Why or Why not? ————————————————————— The following are monthly percentage price changes for four market indexes. Month DJIA S&P 500 Russell 2000 Nikkei 1 0.03 0.02 0.04 4.00 2 9.07 0.06 0.10 (0.02) 3 (0.02) (0.01) (0.04) 0.07 4 0.01 0.03 0.03 0.02 5 0.05 0.04 0.11 0.02 6 (0.06) (0.04) (0.08) 0.06 Compute the following: a. Average monthly rate of return for each index. b. Standard deviation for each index c. Covariance between the rates of return for the following indexes: DJIA – S&P500 S&P 500 – Russell 2000 S&P 500 – Nikkei Russell 2000 – Nikkei d. The correlation coefficients for the same four combinations e. Using the answers from parts (a), (b), and (d), calculate the expected return and standard deviation of a portfolio consisting of equal parts of: (1) the S&P and the Russell 2000, and (2) the S&P and the Nikkei. Discuss the two portfolios. —————————————————————– The standard deviation of Shamrock Corp. stock is 19 percent. The standard deviation of Cara Co. stock is 14 percent. The covariance between these two stocks is 100. What is the correlation between Shamrock and Cara Stock?
How did your expectations compare with the computed correlation?
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Writers Hero only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Writers Hero are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Writers Hero is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Writers hero, we have put in place a team of experts who answer to all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.