Critical thinking is an important part of problem solving, decision making, and everyday life. So, what is critical thinking and why is it so important?
Prepare a 700-word paper (In APA format) to yourself on critical thinking including the following:
• Explain critical thinking.
• Provide an example from your personal experience of critical thinking applied to a business decision.
• Discuss the importance and benefits of using critical thinking.
• Relate the importance and benefits of critical thinking to the example provided.
• Discuss ways you might use critical thinking in your current job or chosen career path.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Ch. 1 of Critical Thinking.
1. What are the roles of beliefs and claims in critical thinking?
2. What are some cognitive biases that affect critical thinking?
Critical Thinking Skills:
3. In this first week’s reading the Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA) Project of the Council for Aid to Education has provided us with a list of 21 items that they deem important. Perform your own evaluation of this list. Do any of these come as a surprise? Which would you count as the top 2 and which the bottom 2? Justify your decision.
Ch. 2 of Critical Thinking.
4. What are some techniques for understanding and evaluating the structure and content of arguments?
5. How do cognitive biases affect critical thinking?
6. We all have exhibited a certain level of cognitive bias. Present one such example and explain why it’s a valid example and how you could have mitigated it from your decision process.
Ch. 3 of Critical Thinking
7. Which degrees of vagueness are acceptable and unacceptable?
8. How important is the clarity of language?